Looking to volunteer at Movement School? We’d love to have you. Please read through the available volunteer opportunities and indicate your interest by filling out the form below. Once you submit the form, someone from our team will be in touch. Thank you!
- Please be prepared to commit to 30 minutes per week
- Students will pick a 30-minute time slot between 8:30-10:30 a.m. or 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Will make student matches based on time availability
- Volunteers will meet at student’s classroom and will pair off within the room
- Teachers will have prepared materials for the volunteer when he/she arrives
- Volunteer must attend training with Read Charlotte. Movement School will arrange training twice a month and communicate to prospective volunteers.
- Please be prepared to commit to at least two visits each month
- Orientation will be held twice a month during lunch times for interested volunteers
- Students are dismissed to lunch according to their grades: Kindergarten: 11:15-11:45 a.m., First Grade: 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Second Grade: 11:50 a.m. – 12:20 p.m.
- Need volunteers to assist with checking books in and out
- Library times will dismiss by class: 7:45-8:30 a.m., 9:15-10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Daily time slots are available
Quarterly Saturday Morning Volunteers
- Each quarter, Movement School will gather a handful of volunteers to help with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, classroom organization, furniture assembly, special event preparation and basic secretarial/housekeeping needs. This opportunity will happen one Saturday each quarter from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- From time to time, we may need volunteers for special events (e.g., Open House, Curriculum Night, Fall Festival, etc.). These days and times will vary, but we’ll let you know the time commitment in our initial outreach.